Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ Tuyển Dụng
American Citizen Services Assistant
- Full performance level (PDF-161KB)
- Trainee level (PDF-161KB)
- Position Description (PDF-159KB)
- OPENING DATE: January 04, 2017
- CLOSING DATE: January 11, 2017
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: American Citizen Services Assistant
OPENING DATE: January 04, 2017
CLOSING DATE: January 11, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
- Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6; US$7,767.00 (Starting salary)
- Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-08; US$37,698.00 (Starting Salary)*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The primary function of the position is to provide operational support to the ACS Unit, largely entailing administrative support of the ACS unit and consular section cashiering duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accepts citizenship, passport and death applications, and performs general passport, citizenship and death services at the intake window. Answers public and written inquiries related to passport, citizenship and death services. 10%
2. Assists applicants by providing the appropriate forms and ensuring their completeness. 10%
3. Provide basic information to the public on the entire range of U.S. passport and citizenship matters; requirements for marriage, divorce and burial in Vietnam; absentee voting; notarial services. 10%
4. Handle routine cable, telephone and email welfare/whereabouts inquiries from the State Department, Embassy Hanoi, regional posts and private citizens by obtaining the necessary information from the inquirers. Conduct basic inquiries by phone and email. 10%
5. Serve as the primary consular cashier 20%
6. Enter data into the ACS system encompassing the entire range of services, including passport, CRBA, arrest, death, registration, welfare/whereabouts and financial assistance cases; register US citizens. 10%
7. Ensure that frequently used forms are well-stocked at the interviewing windows and in the ACS waiting room. 10%
8. Package passport and consular report of birth abroad applications in compliance with Department of State requirements and send them to the National Passport Center; package social security card applications in
compliance with Social Security Administration requirements and send them to the Social Security Administration office in Manila, Philippines. 10%
9. Maintain proper ACS online records and paper files for all cases. 10%
**Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
Completion of high school required.
b. Prior Work Experience
At least two years of progressively responsible work experience in a position requiring extensive public contact and applications of laws and regulations.
c. Post Entry Training
d. Language Proficiency: List both English and host country language(s) by level and specialization. Level 4 English and Level 4 Vietnamese required.
Basic knowledge of Vietnamese civil documents, law, and regulations. Basic knowledge of U.S. immigration programs.
f. Skills and Abilities
Exercise of tact and good judgment in dealing with the public. A thorough knowledge of the standard suite of Microsoft Office programs. Ability to work independently and maintain a wide network of contacts in the local community.
a. Supervision Received
Supervised by the senior ACS unit LES and the ACS unit chief.
b. Available Guidelines
Foreign Affairs Manual; Department of State and Post guidelines; Immigration and Nationality Act.
c. Exercise of Judgment
Requires the exercise of judgment regarding the applicability of pertinent regulations.
d. Authority to Make Commitments
e. Nature, Level and Purpose of Contacts
Extensive contact with the general public, host government officials, and personnel within the mission.
f. Supervision Exercised
g. Time Required to Perform Full Range of Duties after Entry into the Position
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. The Consulate does not accept applications via online recruitment websites without DS-174 form.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs/job-opportunities-in-ho-chi-minh-city/
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees,
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov